In some states, Gardens for Wildlife is similar to Landcare for Wildlife but for smaller properties, suburban gardens and even balconies.
In the absence of such an organisation in Queensland, I’ve created a public Facebook group, Greater Brisbane Gardening for Wildlife, for sharing and networking.
Our verge gardens also provide opportunities to provide for wildlife. Although you are more limited in what you can grown there, they provide the corridors to connect the larger patches of gardens and parkland.
Useful Links & Resources
- Brisbane City Council Gardening includes some local information
- Ipswich City Council – Wildlife
- Logan City Council – Wildlife
- Naturestrips.com.au and Facebook group, Brisbane Nature Strip & Verge Gardens
- The Shady Lanes Project which is making verge gardening mainstream