I combined the two metal beds to eliminate the corner sections crushed be the digger during the pool renovation. In the middle I put a reed avocado tree and created a mound of mixed soil and Activ8. On three sides there is a straw bale extended outwards to the border. This effectively breaks it into 3 beds.
- In the south-east bed, planted bush beans and lettuce seedlings (which were well overdue for planting out) to join the existing perpetual leeks.
- In the south-west bed, planted perpetual spinach seedlings to join the existing parsley, okinawa spinach and basil.
- In the north bed, contined the perpetual spinach seedlings along the border and put basil seedlings along the front of one bale.
- Cucumber seedlings planted in the tops of the bales.
- Dog Rose and Plumbago in native bed are growing well.
- Cleared the bed under the Eureka lemon tree and planted lettuce seedlings and spring onions.
- Along back fence: (east to west) Hovea acutifolia, Leptospermum polygalifolium – Wild May, Leptospermum luehmannii, Plunkett Mallee, Hardenbergia
- beetroot, onions (east fence)
- Carrot, beetroot,