Weather has been very cold, windy and dry. Days are getting longer, sun moving south.
13/7/2014 – Narrowed bed 2 and moved bed 1 away from the side of the pool, leaving a new path. Found ginger and a large red sweet potato.
- Cleared nasturiums, planted parsley seedlings. Tomatoes starting to fruit. Plan from north – spinach, parsley, lettuce (amish deers tongue).
- Pepino flowering, Lots o Lemon flowering, strawberrys need feeding. Added 2 purple beans to pea tower.
- Peas on the trellis are producing well, cauliflower leaves growing – lots of caterpillars. Cleared sorrel and rocket.
- Perpetual lettuce reviving after transplant, self-seeded lettuce, tomato starting to fruit. Added trellis and planted drawf peas.
- Against the fence – Mr Possum has eaten the leaves off the grapevine. Pineapple has a tiny fruit. Spinach ok but needs more water.
- Green pots. Peas and tomatoes doing well – need higher trellis. Mesclun mix not getting eaten – replaced with lettuce. Moved garlic green pot to try to get more sun.
- Around the compost bin – zucchini sown (seeds may be old)
- Capsicum seedlings
- Planted baby spinach seedlings around pot of chives in bottom layer of worm tower
- Kale in green pot not doing well – something is eating it.
- Mr Possum still eating all the pigeon pea
- Tomatoes starting to flower, sweet peas against the clothes line apron finally growing well.
- Peas starting to produce – get blown about by wind a lot. Lettuces doing well at their feet.
- Cranberry hibiscus looking dry and neglected. Lots of flowers.
- bamboo in pots very dry – must remember to water more
- baby spinach in bed opposite laundry door.
Sun is starting to come back
- Choko not doing much but has a new shoot.